Sunday, November 29, 2009

Knitting: Stripe-a-licious (Noro is Expensive)

So I knitted the noro scarf outlined on Jared Flood's blog. I won a gift voucher from Morris and Sons on WWKIP (World Wide Knit in Public) Day otherwise I would never have splurged on this wild Noro Silk Garden which is made of 45% silk, 45% kid mohair and 10% lambswool because it's crazy priced (like $18 a ball or something). So the finished product isn't what I imagined, but with Noro it never is because you always get kind of ambushed by the crazy colour changes. It's a bit too masculine a colour scheme for me but I'm glad to have it completed and Matt is going to make good use of it.

1 comment:

yarnivorous said...

Lovely scarf! I am very glad I'm not into Noro cos it is very expensive for what you get... and I can't wear the things I've made out of it.