Friday, August 28, 2009

Knitting: Socks for Mum to wear at Yoga

So I made these socks in July for my Mum, Rosalind's birthday but forgot to post about them as I didn't take any photos. My Mum thinks she's hilarious because if I ever ask her to take a pic of a finished object she puts something funny in it. Below are the socks that I knit her and the first ever eggs that her chicken laid.



These socks are the simplest rib pattern ever and it can be found on Ravelry if you're a member as Wise Hilda's Basic Ribbed Sock. I knitted in in the wonderfully saturated colour joy that is Colinette Jitterbug which I can't go past for sock knitting even though you can only make little socks because the yardage is short.

One more example of Mum being crazy :) please find the sock photo she took for me previous to this one.


3 comments:

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

I love it that your mom does that with her photos :) What a cool mom!

KatinSpace said...

She is pretty cool, she used to have this massive painting of Bob Marley over her bed that a friend of my brothers who were both ceramic artists gave her and her bedspread was all flowery so she just tie dyed it to match!

Sonia said...

Your mum's a crack up! Great socks and great yarn!