Saturday, January 28, 2012

DIY Washing Powder Review

In my earlier post I said that I was going to try using the DIY Washing Powder for awhile. The recipe is from the Debt Free Cashed Up and Laughing blog and I thought I would let you know how it's going. The washing powder is a success, it's saving us about $13 a fortnight but you know every cent counts when you have to tighten your belt. The washing powder does leave behind particularly bad tomato stains and you might have to use a little elbow grease and some soap for those, but everything else comes out a treat.

If you're looking for the ingredients they are readily available at my local grocery store. The borax is in the cleaning section on the bottom shelf and the washing soda is in the laundry section.

I also made and trialled the dishwashing machine powder and it was CRAP! You heard it here :)

No comments: