Saturday, January 1, 2011

Knitting: My February Lady Sweater

Well after it took me two years to complete Matty's jumper I turned out another in record time! and this one is for me OMG amazing! It's the February Lady Sweater by Flint Knits as inspired by the February Baby Sweater designed by Elizabeth Zimmerman. I have been imagining this project since I went to the USA and I brought the yarn over there especially for it. The yarn is muted golds, sages, teals and mauves and it should go with a lot of things, it's very understated (not my style at all usually) and the buttons are handpainted little wooden birds.

I love the sleeves, because they don't have decreases they came out a little bell shaped. I did do a little decrease under the armpits as suggested on Ravelry by some others who have knitted this project.


2 comments:

Leonie said...

Congratulations on the completion of such a lovely knit. You look very proud and rightly so :-)
Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year and that the coming year is good to you.

Barbara said...

I'm working on this sweater right now and just LOVE how yours came out. I think we are built similarly so it's nice to see how well it fits. I love the bell shaped sleeves!! Thanks for sharing this.